Hi, foodies! We have a new delicious recipe on Ririeye Cuisine for you.Coconut fried rice is a delicious variation of the basic fried rice.It is very simple and easy to prepare.
There isn’t that much of a difference, the only main addition is either coconut milk or coconut shavings. It is simple, quick easy and delicious. Here is how to prepare this recipe to make it crispy and non soggy.
- 2 Cups of Rice
- 1/2 Cup of Cooking Oil
- 1 Medium Red & Green Pepper
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1/2 Medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp of Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp of White Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Curry Powder
- 2 Cups of Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Powder
- 3 Stock Cubes
- A pinch of Salt
- A handful of Spring Onions (chopped)
- Place a pot on medium heat, add in the coconut milk, water, salt, curry, thyme, bay leaves and 2 maggi cubes.
- Cover the pot until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Add in washed rice.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until rice is cooked and there is no more liquid in the rice.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil.
- Add in the chopped onions, shrimps, pepper flakes, thyme, maggi and mixed vegetable.
- Stir fry for 2- 3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Stir in already cooked rice.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
You can enjoy your meal with fried plantain with prawns